the bohos chilling at a pond this past weekend
I feel like I've been resisting a blog post lately because I have been at a loss for words. So rather than come to this space with a perfectly dreamed up concept for a post, I am just here. As I am. Wordless and giving myself permission to be.
Its not normal for me to feel unable to put my daily experiences or thoughts or feelings into words. I think it might be exhaustion. Boho Boy and I are both dealing with it, for different reasons, right now.
How about I make a list of some of what is transpiring in our life these days. A list feels so much less intimidating to my brain that is unable to flow at the moment.
- Every day we talk about our move to Washington in June.
- We've realized that living where we have has been both depressing and oppressive for our souls. Admitting that was really difficult but also freeing.
- I think my body responds to forest more than ocean.
- I always thought it was the ocean.
- But lately I keep dreaming of forests.
- Forests smell delicious and are cool and crisp and nurturing and you can walk in it.
- Forests remind me of faeries and gnomes and hobbits. Those are my people.
- I think Cedar is one of those people too.
- We found a duck pond not too far away from our home (see above).
- Cedar is now totally in love with ducks.
- Someone dropped a pet duck off at this pond. We saw the empty box and the duck wanted no part of the pond.
- He kept following Cedar and would snuggle up to me.
- This duck didn't know he was a duck. Cedar got attached.
- A family that was also there with a sweet boy decided to take the duck home. It looked miserable and they were concerned.
- This family had land and was going to load up on all things duck on the way home.
- Cedar cried when they drove away with the duck.
- It was the saddest moment ever.
- The other day, while watching videos of Cedar on the laptop, the one with him and the duck following him around came on.
- Cedar immediately sat down where he was, cried, shook his head "no" and put his hands over his eyes.
- I held him for about 10 minutes while he cried.
- He remembered the duck from a week back. It both shocked me and melted my heart to the floor.
- Now we have to get him a duck when we move to Washington. ; )
- I was sick with a flu for a week last week. When I got better, Boho Boy got sick.
- Now that Boho Boy is better, Cedar is going through a massive growth/brain spurt.
- So much so that he hasn't wanted to sleep. He LOVES to sleep but lately his zest for life has been far too abundant for that.
- Mama and daddy are tired. Today mama needs a cocktail. But instead I drink water in a wine glass and pretend it is a martini.
- Boho Boy just called me and said he is bringing home Indian food. Seriously? He read my mind. I didn't feel like cooking.
- Now I am a tired and HAPPY mama.
- I get jealous of my husband's garlic naan bread because it isn't gluten free.
- So I heat up a brown rice tortilla with Earth Balance butter and sprinkle it with garlic salt.
- Almost as good. I think. I guess I wouldn't know but I can pretend.
- Perhaps I am drawn to lists right now because I LOVE these pretty little arrows Jo created. ; )